How do I Pay my Ticket?

Look at the blue summons for instructions regarding payment and points assessed to your driving record for traffic tickets. There is an “amount due” box near the center of the summons that will let you know if payment by mail or at the front counter at Town Hall is an option, or if you must appear in court.

You may pay by mail If there is a dollar amount written in the “amount” box by the officer (this is called a payable offense).

If no amount is written in the “amount” box you may not pay by mail. The court date will be specified in the top third of the summons, and your appearance in court is mandatory on the date specified.

To pay by mail: Sign and date your blue summons copy and mail it to Town Hall with a check or money order (made payable to Columbine Valley) for the amount written in the box. The signed blue summons must accompany payment.

A reduction in points may be possible provided payment is received at least 24 hours prior to your court date.

If you choose to, you can also bypass the payment by mail option and appear in court on the given date.


What happens at Municipal Court?

Municipal Court is held on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 5:30 pm.  The court house is located at 2069 W. Littleton Blvd, Littleton, Colorado.

At the court house, you will be asked to sign in, read & sign an advisement of rights & wait to be called by the Town attorney.  All defendants are taken on a first come, first served basis.

When you meet with the Town attorney, he will discuss any options that are available to you by way of a plea bargain.  From there you will be directed to the court room where you will speak with the Judge who will then sign your plea bargain & set your fine.  You will be required to pay your fine that night.

If you are unable to pay the fine, speak with the clerk at the counter regarding your options for a Stay of Execution (SOE) where $50 is due and payable on the 10th of every month until your fine is paid in full.  SHOULD YOU FIND THAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO MAKE MONTHLY PAYMENTS OF AT LEAST $50 PER MONTH, YOU MAY CONTACT THE MUNICIPAL COURT CLERK AND SCHEDULE A HEARING BEFORE THE COURT.


What happens if I do not pay a ticket I received?

If you fail to pay your ticket at least 24 hours prior to your court date, you will be expected to appear in court on the date on your ticket. If you fail to appear in court, a failure to appear will be issued and a letter will be sent to the address on the ticket with a new date to appear in court. An additional fine will often be assessed for your failure to appear.

If you fail to appear in court on the new court date issued to you, a warrant or judgment will be issued against you.


How can I contest traffic or parking citations?

A person who receives a traffic or parking citation may contest it by contacting the Columbine Valley Municipal Court through the same procedures as a traffic citation.


I lost my traffic citation – What do I do?

If you lost your traffic citation, you need to contact the Columbine Valley Municipal Court at 303-795-1434.


I got stopped for driving without proof of insurance….now what?

If you have current insurance, but didn’t have it with you or couldn’t find it when you were stopped by the Police Officer, then you need to submit proof of insurance to the Town and pay a $25.00 administrative fee.  For more information, please contact the Columbine Valley Municipal Court at 303-795-1434.

If you didn’t have insurance at the time of your stop you will need to appear in court at the day and time written on your summons.


How can I get a copy of a police report?

Contact the Arapahoe County Sherriff’s Office Record Division at 720-874-3875 and tell them you need a copy of a Columbine Valley Police Report.  The Town does not maintain any records at Town Hall.


What are the curfew hours in the Town of Columbine Valley?

Except when accompanied by a parent, children under 17 years old and under:  Sunday through Thursday curfew is ll:00 PM and Friday and Saturday is 12:00 midnight.  Curfews end at 5:00 AM


Can I drive my golf cart on the street?

Yes.  Licensed drivers sixteen years or age and older may operate a golf cart in Columbine Valley, subject to all state and local motor vehicle laws.  Carts operated between sunset and sunrise must be equipped with at least operable headlights and two taillights.


Are there designated hours that a car cannot be parked on paved streets?

There is no overnight parking in the Town of Columbine Valley between the hours of 3:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. and there are signs posted at all entrances of the Town.

If you must park on the street overnight, call the Town office for a permit.  If you need a permit before or after the Town Hall hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM or on weekends, please call Arapahoe County Dispatch at 303-795-4711 and ask for a Columbine Valley Police Officer so that you may notify them that you will need to park overnight.  Please be certain your guests are made aware of this ordinance.


My car was towed, where do the Columbine Valley Police take them?

Columbine Valley Police use Bob’s Towing, 4350 S Federal Blvd, Sheridan CO 80110.


Does the Columbine Valley Police Department fingerprint for ID’s?

No. Columbine Valley refers to the City of Englewood Police Department for this service.  For more information, please call the Englewood PD at 303-762-2431 or visit them online at http://www.ci.englewood.co.us


How do I make a commendation or a complaint about a police employee?

We want to know when we have done a good job—or not—for a customer. If we’ve done an exceptional job of delivering customer service, we want to let the employee concerned know it was appreciated. If we have disappointed someone, we need to know that also so that we can remedy the problem. Please call 303-795-1434 to let us know how we are doing.